- The latest The MasterFeeds Daily! paper.li/masterfeed?edi… Thanks to @kishkushkay @Hadas_Gold @danielduquenal #fintech #apollo11 1 hour ago
- The latest The MasterFeeds Daily! paper.li/masterfeed?edi… Thanks to @ditzkoff @WOLA_org @WellingMichael #breaking #cnbcatwork 13 hours ago
- The latest MasterTech from The MasterFeeds! paper.li/MasterFeed/133… #primeday #primeday19 15 hours ago
- 50 Years Ago Apollo 11 Launches Into History from @NASA At 9:32 a.m. EDT, July 16, 1969, Apollo 11 launched from Fl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- 50 Years Ago Apollo 11 Launches Into History from @NASA: At 8:32 a.m. EST, July 16, 1969, Apollo 11 launched from F… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- @MasterFeed's #News Newsletter for Jul 16 is out, featuring “UK pound sinks below 'flash fall' trough to…” nzzl.us/9acKiLD 21 hours ago
- The #FinTech Newsletter for Jul 16 is out. Featuring “Crypto Related Crime Surged to US…” nzzl.us/BqliiIH and many more stories. 22 hours ago
TagsAfrica Agriculture Asia bailout Banks Berkshire Hathaway bonds Brazil canada CapitalMarkets CBO central_banks chavez china Citigroup Commodities copper credit debt default Dollars economics EIA elections EU Euro FED Finance food ForEx France FX Gold goldman Gold Silver government Hedge funds HFT IFTTT India insider trading international relations Israel Japan Jobs LatAm Markets MasterFeeds metals Middle East Mining money Mongolia News NYSE Oil PDVSA recession SEC Silver Stats stocks SWF TARP Tech Trade trading Twitter UN Uncategorized United States USA Venezuela war zerohedge
Tag Archives: Israel
‘IDF seized nuclear materials in Syria’
Soldiers from an elite Israeli unit seized North Korean nuclear material from a secret Syrian military installation before it was bombed by IAF jets, a report by Britain’s Sunday Times wrote Saturday night, quoting "informed sources in Washington and Jerusalem."
According to the sources, the alleged IAF attack was sanctioned by the US on September 6, after the Americans were given proof that the material was indeed nuclear-related.
The sources confirmed that the materials were tested after they were taken from Syria and were found to be of North Korean origin, which raised concerns that Syria may have been trying to come into the possession of nuclear arms.
The commandos, who, according to the report, belonged to the legendary General Staff’s Reconnaissance Unit (Sayeret Matkal), may have been disguised in Syrian army uniforms. It was also stated that Defense Minister Ehud Barak, who used to head the unit, personally oversaw the operation.
Israeli sources admitted that special forces had been accruing intelligence in Syria for several months, the report said, adding that evidence of North Korean activity at the installation was presented to President George Bush during the summer.
Former Syrian information minister, Ma’ahdi Dahallah, rejected the report and called on Israel to present the evidence.
This type of report, Dahallah told Radio Sawa, was merely a form of psychological warfare.
According to the Times, North Korea and China believed that North Koreans were among the dead in the subsequent alleged IAF air strike.
On Friday, the Washington Post reported that Israel and the United States had collaborated on intelligence ahead of the alleged IAF raid.
According to the Post report, Israel informed the US over the summer that North Korean personnel were in Syria in order to assist the country’s nuclear weapons program. The intelligence in question reportedly included satellite imagery.
Meanwhile, Newsweek quoted Binyamin Netanyahu adviser Uzi Arad in reference to the Syria operation. "I do know what happened, and when it comes out it will stun everyone," he said.
This article can also be read at http://www.jpost.com /servlet/Satellite?cid=1189411460535&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull