It was a long time coming, well it’s finally here:
S&P cuts US debt rating to double A plus
By Robin Harding in Washington and Aline van Duyn and Telis Demos in New York
Contentious and historic move highlights the weakened fiscal stature of the world’s most powerful country
Read the full article at: http://on.ft.com/r09VBs
Sent from my iPad
Frontrunning: November 23
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 11/23/2010 09:12 -0500
- Goodbye reserve currency: Yuan begins trading against the rouble (China Daily) this is big news
- US has no good options over North Korean clash (FT)
- South Korea Prepared to Implement Market-Stability Measures After Shelling (Bloomberg)
- Focus Shifts to China as North Korea Tensions Escalate (Reuters)
- China Inflation `Volcano’ May Prove Too Hot for Controls After Cash Surge (Bloomberg)
- Growth in Thailand, Malaysia Slows, Heralding Caution in Asian Rate Moves (Bloomberg)
- Irish PM Defiant as Coalition Cracks (FT)
- IMF urges cuts in Irish minimum wage and dole payments (Irish Times)
- Europe Has Not Yet Rescued Ireland (FT)
- Markets’ Bail-Out Relief Rally Is Short-Lived (FT)
- Fed Adopts Political Tactics on Critics (NYT)
- Volatility bumps up agricultural trading costs (FT)
- Euro-Zone PMI Composite 55.4 – higher than expected. Consensus 53.6. Previous 53.8.
- Euro-Zone PMI Manufacturing 55.5 – higher than expected. Consensus 54.4. Previous 54.6.
- Euro-Zone PMI Services 55.2 – higher than expected. Consensus 53.2. Previous 53.3.
- Germany GDP nsa for Q3 3.9% y/y – in line with expectations.Consensus 3.9%. Previous 3.9%.
- Germany GDP s.a. for Q3 0.7% q/q – in line with expectations.Consensus 0.7% q/q. Previous 0.7% q/q.
- Germany PMI Manufacturing58.9 – higher than expected.Consensus 56.8. Previous 56.6.
- Germany PMI Services58.6 – higher than expected.Consensus 55.8. Previous 56.0.
- France Own-Company Production Outlook for November 11 – lower than expected.Consensus 15. Previous 16.
- France Production Outlook Indicator for November 8 – lower than expected.Consensus 10. Previous 9.
- France Business Confidence Indicator for November 100 – lower than expected.Consensus 102. Previous 102.
- France PMI Manufacturing for November 57.5 – higher than expected.Consensus 55. Previous 55.2.
- France PMI Services for November 55.7 – higher than expected.Consensus 54.8. Previous 54.8.
- Italy Consumer Confidence Ind. sa for November 108.5 – higher than expected.Consensus 107.4. Previous 107.7.
- Norway GDP s.a. for Q3 -1.6% q/q – lower than expected.Consensus 0.5% q/q. Previous 0.1% q/q.
- Norway GDP Mainland Norway s.a for Q3 0.9% q/q – in line with expectations.Consensus 0.9% q/q. Previous 0.5% q/q
Posted in Finance, Hedge funds, Markets, News, stocks, trading, USA
Tagged Finance, Hedge funds, Markets, News, stocks, trading, USA