Frontrunning: December 13
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/13/2010 07:59 -0500
- Must read: The eurozone is in bad need of an undertaker (Ambrose Evans-Pritchard)
- If China Blows Up, So Will Every Other Market (Forbes)
- China Risks `Rush’ to Tighten in 2011 After Inflation Surges (Bloomberg)
- China Said to Plan for at Least $1.1 Trillion of New Lending (Bloomberg)
- Spotlight On Banks’ Exposure in Europe (WSJ)
- Backers and critics see passage of Obama tax deal (Reuters)
- Irish Sovereign Debt Default Would Be Far From Armageddon (Bloomberg)
- Paul Myners Op-Ed: Break up Britain’s uncompetitive big banks (FT)
- No New Normal for 2011 in Forecasts for 11% S&P 500 Gain (Bloomberg)
- Obama signals brighter vision of tax reform (FT)
- Japan Said to Consider Extension of Tax Break on Dividends, Capital Gains (Bloomberg)
- Push for shake-up of EU rescue facility (FT)
- Banks Reduce Greek, Irish Holdings in Second Quarter, BIS Says (Bloomberg)
- EU Should Pull Financial Support If Targets Missed, OECD Says (Bloomberg)
- ECB’s Stark Says Greece Is on Track but Needs Structural Reform (WSJ)
- U.S. to hold pivotal trade talks with China and then EU (Reuters)
- The Ponzi Scheme That Changed My Life (NYT)
- Krugman now opposes raising $850 billion in debt for short-term stimulus (NYT)
- UK Rightmove House Prices for December -3.0% m/m 0.4% y/y. Previous -3.2% m/m 1.3% y/y.
- Switzerland Producer & Import Prices for November -0.2% m/m 0.1% y/y – lower than expected. Consensus 0.1% m/m 0.3% y/y. Previous -0.4% m/m 0.3% y/y.
- Sweden AMV Unemployment Rate for November 4.3% – lower than expected. Consensus 4.4%. Previous 4.5%.
- UK PPI Input NSA for November 0.9% m/m 9.0% y/y – higher than expected. Consensus 0.5% m/m 8.3% y/y. Previous 2.1% m/m 8.0% y/y.